Samsung's D7000 range of LED-backlit LCD TVs are now available for purchase at amazon.com. The D7000 models come in 46 and 55-inches and have been dubbed UN46D7000 and UN55D7000. Both models are part of Samsung's mid-range LCD TVs featuring LED-Backlight and 3D capabilities.
The D7000 comes with a “frameless” design and the new Smart Hub interface from Samsung, that's said to change the way you're using the Internet via your HDTV. The bezel hasn't disappeared entirely, but it sure looks like it from a distance. It is just 0,2 inches wide and leaves the impression of an unlimitted large screen.
The new Smart Hub interface allows users access to Internet streaming services and social networks to share their favorite online content. Users will also be able to search for online content on their TV or share content from DLNA enabled devices in their home.
The Smart Hub concept was created by Samsung to allow users unrestricted access to the Internet via their HDTVs and make the online content search process as easy as possible.
Samsung's D7000 also features a 200Hz frame rate but loses the pseudo-local-dimming and Micro Dimming Plus supported by the D8000, the higher-end model in Samsung's 2011 line.
The D7000 models are now available on amazon.com:
- Samsung D7000 and D8000 3D LED TVs for the South-Korean market
- CES 2011: Samsung BD-D7500, BD-D7000, BD-D6700, BD-6500 3D Blu-Ray Players come in a slim profile
- Vizio XVT3D650SV LED LCD HDTV available for $3,699.99
- CES 2011: Westinghouse LD-4655 LED-backlit LCD TV
- CES 2011: Samsung 950 series 3D LED display announced