Vizio just doesn’t stop. The company announced at CES 2011 two new displays coming in a size wider than your average HDTV. Much like the old Philips 21:9 Cinema display introduced last year, Vizio’s XVT3D500CM and XVT3D580CM will display 2.35:1 CinemaScope movies without any black bars on the sides of your HDTV and will come in a 2560x1080 native resolution.
The 50-inch, Vizio XVT3D500CM uses a full-array local dimming LED backlight and a 240Hz refresh rate to display CinemaScope movies, while the 58-inch XVT3D580CM comes with an edge-lit backlight and only 120Hz refresh rate.
Both of the sets are part of Cinema 3D TV line coming from VIZIO and feature VIZIO Internet Apps, a Bluetooth-enabled QWERTY remote control and passive 3D technology.
There’s no word about the pricing or the availability of the Vizio XVT3D500CM and XVT3D580CM 21:9 Cinema HDTVs just yet.
- CES 2011: VIZIO’s line of Theater 3D TVs range from 22 to 71 inches
- Vizio XVT3D650SV LED LCD HDTV available for $3,699.99
- VIZIO XVT3SV series adds 3D to its HDTVs
- LG LW6500 Cinema 3D TV on display at CES 2011
- Vizio XVT3D650SV, the new 65-inch passive 3DTV